Watch the webinar recording
Our polymers solutions for fuel management applications
- For clean air ducts & intercooler outside hoses
- Easy to switch from TPC-ET to Orgalloy® LT ES
- Excellent thermal resistance up to 150°C (continuous)
- Lower density (by up to 15%)
- Better chemical resistance (especially to acids)
- Excellent melt strength allowing extrusion blow molding if large hoses
- Orgalloy® LT 5050 ES noir TL (Datasheet)
- Orgalloy® LT 4060 ES noir T6L - higher flexibility (Datasheet)
Learn more about our Orgalloy® Product Family Here
- For turbo outside hoses & intercooler outside hoses
- First PPA combining high temperature resistance & flexibility
- Excellent thermal resistance up to 160°C (continuous, 2000h)
- Excellent thermo-fatigue resistance up to 170-180°C (up to 300h)
- Easy & cost efficient processing
- Low density & partially biobased
- Rilsan® HT CESV black P010 TL (Datasheet)
- Rilsan® HT CESV black P223 TL - high flexibility
- Rilsan® HT CESV black P323 TL - very high flexibility
Learn more about our Rilsan® Product Family Here
Our polymers solutions by applications
Water Cooling CircuitThe mixture of water and glycol (engine coolant composition) is one of most aggressive fluids against polymers. Although polyamides are intrinsically sensitive to hydrolysis, long chain polyamides like Rilsan® PA11 & Rilsamid® PA12 generally are far more resistant to hydrolytic attack. With proper formulation, these resins can withstand many of the most challenging conditions under the hood. Until recently, these applications were limited to small diameters and limited temperature lines, but now Rilsan® PA11 grades are used in production for very challenging radiator inlet/outlet hoses that were previously comprised of high temperature EPDM rubber.
This breakthrough was made possible thanks to the use of Rilsan® HT flexible PPA grades, the polyamide that can withstand even the most severe OEM specifications. More recently, Rilsan® PA11 & Rilsamid® PA12 have been validated and are being used for the cooling of some of the most efficient batteries on the market.
Download Case Study
- Burst resistance at low and high temperatures (greater than 8 bars)
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance under pressure and varying temperature
- Superior creep and fatigue resistance
Learn more about cooling line solutions with this webinar !
Brake Booster Lines
When it comes to safety lines like brake booster lines, no compromise can be made. Materials with high-end, reliable performances must be used, making Rilsan® PA11 and Rilsamid® PA12 the materials of choice for this application for many years.
- High flexibility even at low temperatures
- Excellent mechanical properties after heat aging
- High collapse resistance
- Chemical resistance to aggressive media (including blow-by gases)
- Orgalloy® (PA alloys) - high flexibility with limited temperature and chemical requirements
- Rilsan® PA11 or Rilsamid® PA12 - high chemical and moderate temperature requirements
- Rilsan® HT flexibile PPA- high temperature and chemical requirements
Transmission Oil Cooling Circuit
TOC circuit tubing must be able to withstand the permanent contact of very hot oils and must also be flexible. With the introduction of Rilsan® HT flexible PPA grades, OEMs can now replace metal and rubber with flexible plastic tubing. These resins have demonstrated high performance in TOC circuit tubing for years, with several hoses in production.
Rilsan® HT CESV black P010 TL (Datasheet)
Air Conditioning Circuit
AC lines require very high pressure performance and flexibility, together with high chemical resistance and extremely low refrigerant permeability. It is common for heavy multilayer rubber hoses to be used, ensuring system flexibility and noise dampening is compromised by adding weight.
Orgalloy® polyamide alloys have been used for decades as an R134a refrigerant barrier layer in both barrier and veneer hoses. The latest R1234yf fluid has introduced many chemical resistance challenges, but Orgalloy® resins were recently confirmed to maintain high performance in this application also. A clear trend is to replace aluminum-rubber lines with an entirely plastic composition and Arkema has many high performance polymer solutions to meet this demand.
Key Performance Properties:
- Excellent processability
- Good adhesion to various rubbers
- Excellent chemical resistance (e.g. refrigerant, oil, moisture)
- Extremely low permeability level (including flexible grades)
Did you know...
The Rilsan® HT product line opens up new opportunities for high temperature, thermoplastic cooling lines. Introduced by Arkema 8 years ago as the first flexible PPA, Rilsan® HT grades are making a substantial impact on the automotive industry. The outstanding chemical resistance at high temperature and overall excellent thermal resistance of these resins enables the replacement of aluminum tubing and rubber hoses with confidence.
Rilsan® HT polymers can be processed using smooth and corrugated tube extrusion and also thermoforming. Tubes made from Rilsan® HT grades deliver weight reduction and system cost reduction.
View and Download Our Transportation Brochures and Case Studies!
Looking for technical data?
Search for technical data sheets and even compare grades side-by-side