Kynar® PVDF provides high-purity, chemically resistant solutions for semiconductor manufacturing
With a proven history in the semiconductor industry, Kynar® PVDF resins have been used for their high purity and chemical resistance for piping, wet benches, and other equipment within chip making facilities.
Applications in the Semiconductor Industry
Kynar® PVDF resins are versatile and have multiple applications within semiconductor facilities. These include:
- High Purity Piping Systems: Used for transporting sensitive materials, Kynar® PVDF pipes ensure minimal contamination, crucial for maintaining the integrity of semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Wet Benches: These workstations, essential in semiconductor labs for processing and cleaning semiconductor wafers, benefit from the chemical resistance and purity of Kynar® PVDF.
- Tower Packing: In processes like distillation and scrubbing, tower packing made from Kynar® PVDF offers excellent resistance to corrosive chemicals.
- Tanks, Pumps, and Valves: These components, often exposed to harsh chemicals, are more durable and resistant when made from Kynar® PVDF.
- Rods & Sheets for Customized Parts: The material's adaptability allows for the creation of various custom parts, essential in the bespoke nature of semiconductor manufacturing.
Kynar® PVDF thrives under challenging service conditions:
Resistance to Hot Acids: It withstands aggressive chemicals like hydrofluoric, sulfuric, and hydrochloric acid, common in semiconductor processing.
Compatibility with 18 MegaOhm Deionized (DI) Water: The ultra-pure water used in semiconductor manufacturing doesn't compromise the integrity of Kynar® PVDF.
Why Choose Kynar® PVDF for Semiconductor Applications?
- High Purity: Complying with stringent industry standards, Kynar® PVDF has low leachables and extractables, ensuring minimal contamination, a critical factor in semiconductor manufacturing.
- FM 4910 Compliance: Recognized for excellent flame and smoke properties, Kynar® PVDF is a preferred material in semiconductor clean rooms, aligning with strict fire safety standards.
- SEMI F57 Compliance: This certification highlights its suitability for use in ultrapure water and liquid chemical distribution systems, essential in semiconductor processes.
- Easy Weldability: Kynar® PVDF can be joined using infrared welding methods, ensuring robust and pure connections in piping systems.
- Chemical Resistance: It consistently handles exposure to hot acids and deionized water, which are staples in semiconductor manufacturing environments.
Kynar® PVDF resins are indispensable in the semiconductor industry. Their high purity, exceptional chemical resistance, and compliance with industry standards make them an optimal choice for various applications, from piping systems to custom parts. As the semiconductor industry continues to evolve, the reliability and versatility of Kynar® PVDF will remain a cornerstone in its growth and innovation.