Arkema’s Kynar® PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) and flexible copolymers are world famous for their balance of easy-processing and tremendous resistance and durability. With manufacturing facilities in each of the major regional markets – North America, Europe, and Asia, we continue to invest in order to supply our customers globally while servicing them locally.
Kynar® fluoropolymers are specified by end-users across the world for their outstanding combination of properies:
- Outstanding resistance to sunlight/UV exposure
- Tremendous chemical resistance to a wide range of aggressive chemicals
- Radiation resistance
- Excellent burn characteristics / flame and smoke properties
- Easy processing on industry-standard equipment and easy post-processing such as welding and fabrication
- Extremely high purity for the most demanding applications
- Extremely high electrochemical stability
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High temperature rating: RTI 150º C
Kynar® PVDF polymers are considered exceptionally easy fluoropolymers to process - requiring little in the way of specialized equipment. There is a very wide "processing window" (a wide difference between the melting temperature and the degradation temperature).
A Broad Portfolio of Pellets, Powders, Latex Emulsions, Films
- Kynar® Homopolymer Series (Both standard and high whiteness)
- Kynar Flex® Copolymer Series
- Kynar Flex® and Kynar® ADX Powder Coating Resins
- Kynar 500® and Kynar Aquatec® Construction Coating Resins (visit www.kynar500.com or www.kynaraquatec.com)
- Kynar® PGM TR Multilayer Films
- Kynar Flex®, Kynar ADS® II, and Kynar SL® II Solution Resins
- Compounds: Conductive, High Modulus, Pigmented, Low Shrink, Flame Retardant
Download the Brochure
This 24 page document provides an extensive overview of:
- Key applications
- Physical, mechanical, thermal, mechanical properties
- Thermal and electrical properties
- Flame & smoke properties / Burning studies
- Radiation resistance
- Welding guidelines
- Processing guidelines (molding, extrusion)
- Regulatory compliance and specifications
Let's Innovate Together
With a legacy of more than 50 years in some of the world’s most extreme applications, Arkema continues to innovate with several exciting new products that feature aspects such as tailored functionalization, controlled molecular weight distribution, waterborne latex systems and multilayer films.
We have a dedicated team of technical professionals ready to help with your most challenging projects, so contact us today – we’re up for the challenge!