The tunable crystallinity of Kepstan® PEKK allows it to be printed by the SLS process, or FFF (in both amorphous and semi-crystalline forms).
FFF Printing of Kepstan® PEKK
Excellent layer adhesion, great strength, toughness, ductility
Low warping, accessible print window
- Very good chemical resistance -> superior to PEI, PPSU
- Low flammability
- Moderately high use temperature
- Easy to process
All the properties of amorphous Kepstan® PEKK plus
Slightly higher stiffness
- Higher use temperature
- Extreme chemical resistance
- Requires post processing or high build temperature environment
- The most robust way to make semicrystalline PAEK parts by FFF
- Limited geometry and dimensional tolerance
- Consult or website for further advice
SLS Printing of Kepstan® PEKK
- The same slow and tunable crystallization rate makes PEKK the ideal PAEK for SLS
- Slow crystallization rate enables stress relief during crystallization, low melting point enables reasonable processing temperatures
- Unconstrained design, maximum performance
Contact your Arkema representative for more information!
Outstanding Chemical Resistance
- 1 week of immersion at 23°C
- Crystalline Kepstan® PEKK enables the best chemical resistance.
- Amorphous Kepstan® PEKK also shows much better resistance versus PEI or PPSU.
Air Ducts for Transportation
- Kepstan® PEKK meets the demanding requirements of industries such as aviation and transportation
- 3D printing allows complex air ducts to be printed in one piece, saving time and money in production
Brackets for Aerospace
- Kepstan® PEKK provides the mechanical strength, temperature resistance, and chemical resistance demanded by the aerospace industry
- Specialized and complex brackets can be rapidly 3D printed, reducing inventory and saving cost
|Material: Antero 800, Image Courtesy of Stratasys||Image Courtesy of HEXCEL (HexAM® products)|