MIDO, the international eyewear show, will take place from February 4th to 6th at Fiera Milano Rho. MIDO gathers people from the entire eyewear supply chain from manufacturers of lenses and machinery to the leading international producers of optical and sun frames, alongside small independent designers.
Arkema, a pioneer and leader in high-performance materials for eyewear industries, will present its Advanced Bio-Circular polymers made from castor seeds, suitable for the injection of frames and for laser sintering 3D printing.
Come and discover our latest developments for injection
- The low density Rilsan® Polyamide 11 grade allows eyewear to float
- The unique Pebax® Rnew elastomer grade with 97% bio-based content for a perfect flexibility allowing unbreakable frames for kids eyewear
- The new carbon-filled material for cycling sport frames with 30% recycled content
- Rilsan® clear Rnew grades for outstanding transparency for creative and beautiful design
Discover Greenfib Materials
Our partner, Greenfib® will be present on our booth to present their high-performance technical materials. Greenfib® combines Rilsan® polyamide 11 with vegetable and mineral fillers, so 100% biosourced, sustainable and not in competition with food. Greenfib material is manufactured in France and can be injected and machined, as shown by the 40,000 Oxo frames distributed by "Ecouter Voir", said Luc Menetrey, creator of the Greenfib material.
For more information, visit Greenfib website
Come and discover our latest developments for powder laser sintering
Visit our dedicated 3D offer page
visit our dedicated eyewear market page
Advanced Bio-Circular (ABC) Materials: The story of Arkema's flagship Polyamide 11 (PA11) chemistry
Arkema is a global pioneer in advanced polyamide 11 materials derived 100% from renewable castor plant and the company is a founding member of the Pragati initiative, with BASF, Jayant Agro-Organics Ltd., and Solidaridad, for sustainable castor farming in India. The initiative's key goal is to enable renewable castor crop production by:
- Using good agricultural practices to increase yield and farmer income
- Efficiently using water resources and Maintaining soil fertility
- Driving adoption of good waste management practices
- Enabling better health and safety practices, and respecting human rights..
Visit our Virtucycle® program page to get more information
Produced from castor oil, Rilsan® PA11 resin is a high-performance polymer of 100% renewable ...
Pebax® thermoplastic elastomers consist of polyamide and polyether backbone blocks. ...
High performance polyamides that deliver toughness, flexibility, chemical resistance, and permeation resistance. Many grades are bio-based.
Rilsan® Fine Powders are highly durable thermoplastic polyamide powders. These powders have been developed for metal coating but are ...
- When ?
From February 4 to 6, 2023
- Where ?
Fiera Milano, Rho
Strada Statale del Sempione, 28
- Booth ?
BOOTH G25 - Hall 4