Orgasol® powders can also be used as smoothing agent to help reduce the coefficient of friction and add lubricity to the final coating. These REACH-compliant polyamide powders are manufactured without the use of PFOA or any other PFAS, so they make an excellent alternative to PTFE waxes. Now formulators have a great alternative to PTFE waxes for reducing the coefficient of friction/slip aid and improving abrasion resistance while staying compliant with the changing regulatory landscape.
|UV oligomers (Sartomer)||CN 981||31.3|
|UV monomers (Sartomer)||
Orgasol® 2001UD Nat 1 (5µm)
PTFE wax / PE wax (3.5 - 5.5µm)
PTFE wax alternative
Why should you consider looking for an alternative to PTFE wax?
- Because Orgasol® powders are compliant with European Union REACH Annex XVII (as of 4 July 2020). This provides formulators with an alternative slip aid additive that also improves abrasion resistance while remaining compliant to current regulatory requirements.
- To request an official regulatory compliance letter, contact our team using the form below.
Orgasol® powders as an alternative to PTFE wax
Additionally these powders have...
- European Food Contact and FDA approval: Orgasol® 2001 UD NAT 2 and Orgasol® 2002 EXD NAT 1 are compliant with FDA 177-1500 and 175-300
- Density close to 1: limited tendency to settle or float
- Refractive index (1,52-1,53): limited haze
- Smooth, surface with reduce coefficient of friction
- Improved scratch and abrasion resistance
- Limited impact on gloss (if adapted particle size is selected)
- High temperature resistance (melting point at 177°C)